- State of Illinois
- Federal General Bar License
- Federal Trial Bar License
- Northern Illinois University, College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois – Juris Doctorate -1994
- University of Illinois – Bachelor of Science/Journalism – 1988
- Illinois State Bar Association – member since 1994.
- Member of the ISBA Criminal Law, Traffic Law, Elder Law and General Practice Sections.
- Kane County Bar Association – member since 1994.
- Mr. Larson has lectured to law enforcement, community groups, and bar associations on elder abuse and elder financial exploitation.
- Mr. Larson has presented to the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority, the Illinois Attorney General’s Elder Services Officer Certification Course, the Illinois Guardianship Association, and the Kane County Bar Association, of which he is a member.
Mr. Larson specializes in litigation matters, including civil litigation, probate matters (including will contests, guardianships, trusts and power-of-attorney litigation) commercial and real estate litigation, and criminal defense (including felonies, misdemeanors, DUIs and orders of protection). He also regularly represents clients with respect to traffic violations, probate administration, estate planning and residential real estate transactions. Mr. Larson handles bench and jury trials, arbitration hearings, administrative hearings, motions, appeals and mediations.
Mr. Larson spent 10 years working as an Assistant State’s Attorney with the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office in St. Charles, Illinois. During the time when Illinois had the death-penalty, Attorney Larson was certified by the Illinois Supreme Court as qualified to prosecute capital litigation cases. He was later recertified by the state Supreme Court as capital litigation qualified (as a defense attorney) when he moved into the private sector.
For five of his years as a prosecutor, he was the lead felony prosecutor in cases involving the financial exploitation, abuse and neglect of elderly and disabled victims. In addition, he worked in the Civil Division, including general civil litigation, worker’s compensation (both trials and appeals), the Elgin Mental Health Center involuntary commitment/medication call (including jury trials) and ordinance violations.
Mr. Larson served as the Company Clerk in the United States Marine Corps Reserve, Golf Company, 3rd Battalion, 24th Marines, Danville, IL. He received an Honorable Discharge with the rank of Sergeant.