- State of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois – Juris Doctorate -1980
- Bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana – 1977
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Past President of the Kane County Bar Association
- Past Chairperson of the Continuing Legal Education, Professional Responsibility, Delivery of Legal Services, and Past Presidents Committees of the Kane County Bar Association
- Past two-term member of the General Assembly of the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Past member of the Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Professional Responsibility
- Past member of Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission Inquiry Panel
- Member of Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission Hearing Board
For over 35 years, Mr. Vanek has concentrated his practice in general and commercial law, including corporate law, civil litigation, commercial banking, real estate, chancery and construction litigation. He serves as general outside counsel for several area companies engaged in a wide variety of business activities including food packaging and distribution, manufacturing, construction material supply, information technology and real estate investment.
During his career he has represented over 20 various banking institutions on litigation, transactional, documentation and operational matters. He also has extensive experience in municipal law, having served as general counsel and special litigation counsel to local municipalities.
In addition, Mr. Vanek has served and continues to serve in several capacities relating to the legal profession. He has served on both an Inquiry Panel and the Hearing Board of the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission. He has lectured on legal ethics and other related matters at continuing legal education programs, and at Northern Illinois University College of Law. He currently serves as the Ethics Advisor to the City of St. Charles, Illinois.
Mr. Vanek is active in his community. He currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer of the Elgin Community College Foundation. Mr. Vanek served for several years as Director and Chairman of the Board of Harris Bank Huntley. He also served as Co-Chairman of the Advisory Board of Directors for the Northwest Region of Harris Bank. He served as a Founding Director of the Kane County Bar Foundation and served in its Lawyers in the Classroom program. He is a past Director of the Boys’ and Girls’ Club of Elgin, the George M. Eisenberg unit of the Chicago Boys’ Club, Elgin Citizens Against Crime and the Phi Delta Theta Chapter House Corporation, University of Illinois. He also served as a Trustee of Christ Community Church of St. Charles, Illinois.