- State of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- State of Arizona (Inactive)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School – Juris Doctor – 2007
- Top 25% of graduating class
- Dean’s List
- Central Michigan University – 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Cum Laude
- Minors in History and Legal Studies
- Dean’s List
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- IHCA – Illinois Health Care Association
- Arizona State Bar Association
Mr. Stines moved to Illinois in 2014, and was licensed with the Illinois Bar in June 2014. Upon moving to Illinois, Mr. Stines concentrated his practice in the civil arena focusing on real estate and collections. He has appeared in Cook County and all of the collar counties representing various individuals, entities and corporations. Mr. Stines joined the firm in December 2014, and currently concentrates his practice on general civil litigation, guardianships, administrative hearings and collections.
Prior to joining VLK Law Firm, Mr. Stines began his legal career working as an intern with the Maricopa County Attorneys Office in Phoenix, Arizona, where he gained valuable courtroom experience assisting in the prosecution of misdemeanors and lower-level felonies. Mr. Stines routinely argued motions before the Court and first chaired a jury trial during his internship.
Mr. Stines dedicated his practice to various aspects of civil law including, but not limited to, real estate, contract, employment, collections and general civil litigation. He has appeared in courtrooms throughout the State of Arizona, representing not only individuals, but also various companies involving business formation and disputes. Additionally, Mr. Stines represented his client’s in numerous administrative hearings, including the Arizona Department of Economic Security and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Mr. Stines believes a truly hands-on approach is what sets himself apart from other lawyers who may believe a one-size fits all litigation strategy. Ultimately, he believes that direct and consistent client contact allows him to meet with current and/or prospective clients, analyze their legal situation and formulate a plan to resolve their issues in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
Mr. Stines lives in Aurora, Illinois with his wife and two children.